Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Impressions from the LA Auto Show..long

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 12:34 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Impressions from the LA Auto Show..long

Ok so i got there late in the afternoon because parking was already full and i didn't really wanna park across the street. Anyways i had to wait for almost an hour before i can get in because the ticket line was very long a lot of people!

After getting the ticket went in to the West Hall were they had the Aston Martins and the Benz! So went immediately to the Benz section and surveyed what they had on display. They had an S55 AMG, CL600, C32 AMG, E320 C230k and 2 SL-500's. One in silver and another one in Aspen Green(i think that's the name of the color). And they looked amazingly beautiful. As far as the info sheet on the SL-500 there was no price?? TBA?

Then turned around and wanted to see if i can sit on the S55 but the line was long so i waited. Then my turn to sit and it was very nice! After that went to the C32 AMG and the line wasn't that long so sat on it and kind of played with the instrument and gadget and my impression of the C32 was ok. Maybe it's just me but the dash on the C32 feels kind of cheap?

So anyways after that i headed to the Concourse Hall were they had the Bently's, Brabus, Ferrari's, Lambo's, Lotus and Saleen. First went to the Brabus since when you get in the door they're right there on the side. And guess what?? Saw a movie star! . The guy from the Green Mile think his name was Michael Clarke Duncan. So anyways lookint at the display Brabus had, they had all sorts of goodies but theier reps are such a**holes! I was just asking questions about their products and the guy kind of just ignored me!? And then looking at the specs on the car with mod pricess including reminded me the menu at Spago's. So i left.!

Then after checked out the Ferrari and Lambo's! Oh so SWEEEEETT!!
Then went down to South Hall where they had the BMW. Lots of people looking at the 2 new BMW 7 series they had on display. I passed on it because it was really crowded. Then procedded to take a look at the E46 M3 with SMGII. The line was long but worht the wait for me. Sat on it and enjoyed it!! . The M3 was a Titanium Silver Metallic with SMGII.

After that went to Kentia Hall were they had the aftermarket stuff. The only reason why i went down there was to check out Renntech which i did. It was nice but very $$$$$$. Rest of the aftermarket vendors wasn't really that interesting.

So whole show was ok but i still think last years was better because they had CEC Wheels, D2 Technik, Sprewell Racing, Globe Tires and others who were at the show.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
i remember the LA auto shows as ALWAYS being crowded! i can't stand waiting for a chance to sit inside the car. in a way, the phila autoshow is better (if you go on a weekday) in terms of crowds but we don't get some of the nicer cars/mod companies like brabus. btw, did you get to meet renncpe (randy)?

i'm going friday to the phila show and i'm really looking forward to the merc setup - the sl500 will be there. as well as aston martins, the lambo murcielago (although, i'd never get such a car), and the bmws. the mb area is right next to the lexus so it'll be good to directly compare the SC430 w/ the SL500.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:58 PM
Out Of Control!

hey young!

No i didn't get to meet rnncpe. It was just too crowded. BTW saw the Aston Martin Vaquish and my jaw dropped!!

That car was so beatiful that it almost made me cry!
Old 01-08-2002, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 E55 AMG - Brilliant Silver (very rare)/ Charcoal, K2a
Thanks for the update, Mr. Emoticon !!!

I guess I'll have to experience the 'autoshow' vicariously through my friends ... since by the time one comes to Florida ... the next model year cars will already be out!

(Hey, Autoshow people: we buy cars in Florida too you know!)
Old 01-08-2002, 04:43 PM
Out Of Control!

Drew!

LOL!!
Old 01-09-2002, 10:37 AM

CLK55, Mini S
You should have seen the D.C. "auto show"....what a fxxxing joke. The BMW display had a three year old 7-series...they had a couple of old Lambros...oh, but they had a Pontiac concept vehicle...it was like going to an auto mall.

They did have a X5 4.6 that was awesome...except for the cheap as **** cloth inserts on the interior. Oh, and they had a Porsche turbo and...a SLK32. :o :o :o
Old 01-09-2002, 10:50 AM
Out Of Control!

hmrdwn

Are you sure it was an Auto Show? Sounds like a dealer parking lot?? lol!!
Old 01-09-2002, 08:26 PM

The LA Auto show was pretty good. I especially enjoyed the RennTech display. But I agree that it's too damn crowded.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Out Of Control!

Guys!

Check out the SL forum. Just posted a Brabus SL!