Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Bargaining to buy MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
Bargaining to buy MB

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an E500, and 2 have caught my eye locally. Each are asking $37K. (Both are black 4matics, 2004 - navi, heated seats, xenons, etc.).

Question is, how much does one usually bring down the dealer offered price? Thanks!

Gnma
Old 11-18-2007, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Originally Posted by gnma
Hi,

I'm looking to buy an E500, and 2 have caught my eye locally. Each are asking $37K. (Both are black 4matics, 2004 - navi, heated seats, xenons, etc.).

Question is, how much does one usually bring down the dealer offered price? Thanks!

Gnma
go to edmunds.com enter the cars info with options and miles.. And make an offer below the stated value and work your way up to the actual value. Remember you get the best deal as you walk out the door, and by making an offer and them turning it down they essentially just bought he car back for that price.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'12 Mustang 5.0, '89 Supra Turbo, C55,
wow! I know there's an art in haggling. Just don't know how to do it! A few days ago, I had offered $2k below their asking, and they said nope, they said they already had an offer 500 bucks below their offering price ('03 AMG). That's prolly BS, but I didn't think my offer was unreasonable. But I'm learning. And your statement that they refused my offer is like them buying the car back is really cool/true. THanks for the explanation!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
They have "sales meetings" every week to teach their staff who to get the most out of you. They do that every day and you do it once in a while, so they are better at it, but in the end, you make the payment.

I have walked away from many deals and it took sometimes weeks until we agreed on a deal. It depends how badly you want the car.

I just love that mind game. In the end it is you and only you who makes the decision, are you willing to pay the asking price or not.

I think they are putting on a show. Keep in touch and walk out the door and thank them for saving you lots of money by not accepting your offer.

Jorg