Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

taking delivery w/ MB integrated phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 12:12 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Question taking delivery w/ MB integrated phone

I am taking delivery of an ordered 2003 C320 in a few weeks. I have ordered the V60 phone package (along with the voice activation and COMAND) as a factory option.

Does my local dealer still provide the actual handset? My salesperson has not asked me whether I need the TDMA (AT&T or Cingular) versus the CDMA (Sprint PCS or Verizon Wireless) handset. I'm hoping the handset is not included with the car when the dealer gets it, otherwise it may not be the correct one.

Also, will I need to take the handset to my local AT&T (my current cell provider) store for activation? Or does the dealer do this? Can it be done over the phone? I'm assuming all they need is the handset ESN to activate. I guess I'll sell my current handset on Ebay. ??

Last edited by jhillman; 11-18-2002 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2002, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Yes, your dealer will provde the handset for the service you desire. Be advised however, sometimes the dealer will tend to try to 'push' you the way they want you to go so they can hook your service up and get a kickback. This is ok as long as you the consumer gets the deal you want. If not, choose your own provider and have the handset activated by the particular provider.