Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Car saved my life!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 white on black c280
Car saved my life!

Well i was returning home from flagstaff arizona in the snow back to phoenix. Im only 18 and still in high school so it was a fun trip with some friends. anyways i was returning on the i-17. It was raining an incredible amount and im used to driving on it becuase i lived on the east coast for my whole life but just recently moved to the west. I was traveling in the left lane at 60 mph and was behind a lifted chevy tahoe by about 8 seconds. I see him swerve and he hits a folding wooden chair but a thte time i didn't know what it was. I said ill just run over it as it hits the ground but as soon as it hits the ground it bounced back up and if i was to hit it it would come through the windshield. I had 18 inch rims so i was having to ride not full blown low pro's but they were still pretty low. the ride up btw was awful very bumpy becuase of the low pro's. I swerved to the left hit the gravel which the gravel popped the right rear low profile tire and sent me spinning back out onto the freeway i spun three times on the wet pavement all the way across the freeway to the other side. A semi made it to the other lane and missed me. I slid all the way down this bank apprx 150 ft according to the police. I had to climb out the passenger rear door becuase the mus was keeping the driver side door stuck. I thought the car was totally destryoed. After the police came and 2 yes 2 flat bed trucks to pull me out it took them 2 hours to get it out and up the bank we looked at the damage. Incredible not even a scratch on the car. All the rims were destroyed and the tires were all blown was the only damage. The car only had a weed wrapped around the ehaust. That was it i was so shakin up but the car saved my life. The cop said had this not been a mercedes i probably would have rolled and been killed becuase about 50 miles north of me a chrysler 300 did the same thing but didn't slid as far rolled over and killed the guy 3 hours before my little escapade. This car is amazing. Yes the stock wheels and new tires are being put on and yes it may not look as cool but the stock mercedes stuff is going to be a lot smoother, safer and be better performace. Thanks mercedes
Old 01-30-2008, 01:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1996 E320
Dude, thats incredible, thank god you made it through that man...
I think my dad bought me a Mercedes because of safety reasons haha, so heres a story to prove that...
BUT I STILL LIKE TO ROLL IN A BENZ AND GO FAST!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Thank god you're alive and okay.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A woman needs her toys!:98 SL500 for now
great testimony to Benz, glad you are ok
Old 01-31-2008, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
I love stories with happy endings. I'm glad you learned your lesson with the big rims/low profile tires. Looks mean nothing when it causes injury or death.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 400SEL
Yo but alot of Bens's are heavy so it is pretty hard to flip one over so yeah its pretty safe then.