Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Paying in cash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by tvo7
Everyone has some pretty good opinions on here. I know if you go to the bank to get cashier's check, they charge you for the check. Why not save money by foregoing cashier check fee , withdraw 50k, and head over to the dealership.
Admit it man, you've never had anything close to 50K in a bank, have you?

Originally Posted by PhilipM3
I bought my E class cash.. but it was less then 10k lol.
This thread already blows, but along with the world's most imaginative reasons for using cash to buy an MB ("save the cashier's check fee!"), there's also a very imaginative use of the "E Class" moniker

Hint: the "E" suffix in a W201 190E does not make an E class.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 MB E500
Originally Posted by NY C32
If you're going to respond to my message, at least have a point to your response. I responded to your first message because you were wrong. Now you're trying to find another argument?

$2000 in my money clip (who the hell carries a wallet?) isn't quite the same as going car shopping with $50k in cash. Like most people, I keep a good amount of cash on me and in my safe in case of emergencies.

You don't have to prove to the dealer where the cash is from, they report it because the law says they have to. And it has nothing to do with being scared... especially if you've got nothing to hide but I will say that you'd feel like a real schmuck if you lost your little baggie of cash on the way to a dealer. Thats why we have things like checks. If you lose it, you're protected.

As far as your friends dealer in your home country, tell him to get a cash counter. Most industrialized countries have other means of providing funds for larger purchases so you don't have to carry that much cash. Both the consumer and the buyer are at risk of theft the minute someone hears that you have $50k, let alone $950k in cash on you.

Again, cash is legal tender and if you want to carry $50k in your pocket, do it. No body cares. The IRS simply monitors large cash transactions for money laundering purposes. The OP is OBVIOUSLY posing the question because he does have something to hide; hence the reason for your other reply which was blatantly wrong yet you spewed it like it were fact.
Which point am I wrong MR. Dumass??? Proving the cash was not for the dealer, is for the IRS...I don't need to prove anything to the dealer. Yes the dealer have to report it, and if the IRS do decided to come to my house and ask where my CASH came from. Yes I can prove that too Mr. Dumass...

As far as losing the cash, if I do carry that amount with me. 1st of all, no one will know, 2nd, you're dump enough to lose that amount of cash you shouldn't carry it.

Industrialized country...Yes it is...for the cash counter...they had six of them. Obviously you never handled that about of cash before. I'm sorry...

Yes I carry a wallet and so many of other out there carry a wallet.

Have you ever heard of loops hole???
Old 03-18-2008, 12:37 AM

Now first, I am asking how people buy a Mercedes in cash. Now if I had 50k cash to slam down on a Mercedes, I would be a filthy millionaire. My question is how all these busineses out there are able to buy a Mercedes in cash whether its legit or not. Now an earlier poster said 950k cash was paid. What would prevent a "dealer" from buying a Mercedes in cash in another country and then shipping it over here? Bypass any questions.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:51 AM

2005 MB E500
Now first, I am asking how people buy a Mercedes in cash. Now if I had 50k cash to slam down on a Mercedes, I would be a filthy millionaire. My question is how all these busineses out there are able to buy a Mercedes in cash whether its legit or not. Now an earlier poster said 950k cash was paid. What would prevent a "dealer" from buying a Mercedes in cash in another country and then shipping it over here? Bypass any questions.

Clarification. $950K was paying for a Rolls Royce Phantom, all transaction was not taking in this country(USA). All of the transaction was happened in another country. The reason the car was that much is b/c of import tax, luxury tax, and some BS tax that my country is collecting for themselve. That's why...
Old 03-18-2008, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by E500Newbee
Which point am I wrong MR. Dumass???
Do you remember typing this?
Originally Posted by PEE-ON E500Newbee
You can ask the dealer if they willing to accept the amount for the car in cash. Trust me, they will not refuse that. They can always report you paid in payment for over a period of time.
Perhaps you should google a IRS publication 1544 as it relates to IRS form 8300 and then tell me how many dealers in this country would do as you suggested. Maybe in your third world sh*thole country, but not here in the civilized world.

As far as losing the cash, if I do carry that amount with me. 1st of all, no one will know, 2nd, you're dump enough to lose that amount of cash you shouldn't carry it.
You better knock on wood there genius, its just a matter of time before you lose that cash or your dumb luck will run out and some lucky thief hits his payday.

Industrialized country...Yes it is...for the cash counter...they had six of them. Obviously you never handled that about of cash before. I'm sorry...
Sorry? For what...that I'm smart enough to stop at my bank and get a cashiers check to pay for large cash purchases? Don't be sorry for me. You're the one that that has to qualify that you've got $50k in cash when you look like you're the garden boy. I presume thats what you meant when you spewed:
Originally Posted by PEE-ON 500Newbee
I like to do that just b/c I want to see their reaction. You'll be amaze how well they treated me. Imagine this, wearing short and tee shirt walking into the dealer with cash and walk out with a car. Damn, what a feeling for those dump asses that look at you any different.
They don't treat you any better because you have cash compared to saying you're paying cash and arrange a wire transfer. Oh, and those people looking at you aren't looking in envy, they're trying to figure out whats wrong with you. They're trying to figure out whether you're a drug dealer, a thief or a dead beat credit risk. Get a life you bumbling fool.

:
Have you ever heard of loops hole???
What?

PS- It's spelled D-U-M-B, you retarded schmuck. How many times can you misspell the same word in one post?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
It takes a dealer 7 seconds to find out if your personal check is good. I use my checkbook to buy cars. Making a "cash" offer is not going to make a dealer all warm and fuzzy to give you a better deal. Just because you have cash, it will not impress them either. Being polite and patient will get their attention. There is not much profit in cars, even at MSRP, so the dealers make money on financing. Most people are driving around in more car than they can afford, so they pay for the privelege with interest. I have found greedy salesmen who will lower the price of the car, so you think you are getting a great deal, but raising the interest rate up into the teens. So he takes 4K off the front side, and adds 8K on the back side. Make sure there is no prepayment penality in the loan document. After the F&I guy signs the deal, and you sign, you tell him you checked your balance and you'll make your down payment a little more. Make the check out for the full cash price with tax and license. When the salesman is going over the car with you, smile and wave at the sales manager. He is the one in the little glass office crying.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:48 AM

2005 MB E500
NY C32 you're so funny haha...Mr. Dumass???
Old 03-19-2008, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
NY C32 you're so funny haha...Mr. Dumass???
You're just lucky this isn't in the OT section, you'd be nursing a new one right now

Old 03-31-2008, 04:35 PM

'03 E55
Now if I had 50k cash to slam down on a Mercedes, I would be a filthy millionaire.
You'd only need to be a filthy fiftythousandaire.

Plenty of people have 50K cash to spend on an MB without having a net worth anywhere near $1,000,000. Most of them just don't walk into a dealership while carrying it on them.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
How bad would it look if I paid my $25,000 tax bill.....in person and IN CASH?
Old 04-01-2008, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Cash is so.....yesterday.

If you really want to impress the car dealer, stroll in with some scales and about 50 ounces of the 24 karat!
Old 04-10-2008, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Guys, please back off the insults, however poorly spelled they are.

That is all.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 then E63, now back to an E55
Obviously you have never carried $50k in cash before. NO, you don't need a suitcase to carry $50k in cash unless you have it all in $1 dollar bill, than yes.

LOL I thought the same thing!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
If you're carrying around large sums of cash not only can you easily be robbed by another person - but if the government (cop) sees how much cash you have they WILL confiscate it - and it's NOT EASY getting it back unless you can PROVE that its legit. This is what America has turned into.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:06 PM

2005 MB E500
Here is what the 10k bank roll look like...now stack 5 of those and you got urself 50k...
Attached Thumbnails Paying in cash-image101.jpg   Paying in cash-image102.jpg  
Old 05-14-2008, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Here is what the 10k bank roll look like...now stack 5 of those and you got urself 50k...
Yea as long as a cop doesn't stop you and notice it. They treat that much cash as if it's drugs. They take it away.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:22 AM
Almost a Member!

I drive 2008 C350
why don't you just pay with cheque. A certified cheque. Its as good as cash anyway
Old 05-15-2008, 12:12 PM

2005 MB E500
Originally Posted by acr2001
Yea as long as a cop doesn't stop you and notice it. They treat that much cash as if it's drugs. They take it away.
Even with the bank statement showing that I just withdrawn it? Who going to carry the cash like that???
Old 05-15-2008, 10:08 PM

07 Clk 550
If you have 50k to blow on a car, why would you care if the bank charge you a fee for a cashier check? That's absurd!

Last edited by aznAMG07; 05-15-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:31 PM

2005 MB E500
Originally Posted by aznAMG07
If you have 50k to blow on a car, why would you care if the bank charge you a fee for a cashier check? That's absurb!
Why do Bill Gate rather park his car and walk into a fundraiser and give million of dollars away instead of valet parking which costed him $5??? Same reason...
Old 05-16-2008, 01:14 AM

F10
pay with a personal check, you do have a checking account don't you? i've bought 4 cars at once in cash, paid with personal check and everything went smoothly, and yes i took home all the cars that same day. if the check bounces, the dealers have their way of getting the cars back, or you. bringing in 50k in cash brings in a lot of attention, so if attention is what you want then do it by all means. no one is afraid of cash, it's just out of ordinary these days.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:29 AM

2005 MB E500
Originally Posted by RedW203
pay with a personal check, you do have a checking account don't you? i've bought 4 cars at once in cash, paid with personal check and everything went smoothly, and yes i took home all the cars that same day. if the check bounces, the dealers have their way of getting the cars back, or you. bringing in 50k in cash brings in a lot of attention, so if attention is what you want then do it by all means. no one is afraid of cash, it's just out of ordinary these days.
The 10k bank roll of cash was being transfer from 1 bank to another. I had no choice but to withdrawn it because of the way the bank account was setup. Do you think I'm that crazy to walk around with that amount of cash with me all the time? No, as the matter fact I hate to go to the bank. I do most of my stuff online. I'm too lazy to even go to the bank. I got a check card. That was on 1 occasion. Since I had the cash out, I took the picture to show the person who asked about bring 50k of cash in a suitcase. The purpose was to show you don't need a suitcase. That's all.

Last edited by E500Newbee; 05-16-2008 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:44 PM

AMG 63
Made the guy who bought my car pay in cash (Craigslist deal).

They will report any transaction over 10K as previously mentioned. They reported it when he cashed the loan and when I made the deposit.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:15 AM

97 SL600
One Way Around Goverment Reporting

At A dealership my buddy manages they get cash customers that do not want the government receiving their info, & being ever motivated to please the customer they came up with this solution. Say they want a $50,000.00 car, they first sell them 6 used cars for for $8,333.33 each then he trades them in on the new one. All this is done on paper only & since you do not pay sales tax on trade in value of your car(s) sales tax is only paid once. Done deal & no government reporting required.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by Mukphly
At A dealership my buddy manages they get cash customers that do not want the government receiving their info, & being ever motivated to please the customer they came up with this solution. Say they want a $50,000.00 car, they first sell them 6 used cars for for $8,333.33 each then he trades them in on the new one. All this is done on paper only & since you do not pay sales tax on trade in value of your car(s) sales tax is only paid once. Done deal & no government reporting required.
Uh, no... Thats not a solution, its a stupid person thinking he's smart. The only thing your buddy, who manages that dealership, is doing is compromising the owners.

The law is pretty clear and your friend is a moron for doing such a thing to appease a customer who obviously has something to hide. As a "manager", he should know that the world is much bigger than his tiny paycheck. Not only is he liable for thousands in fines but the company that hired the dumbass is at risk too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paying in cash