Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Question for people in NY (Long Island)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 04:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for people in NY (Long Island)

Does anyone know if MB of Huntington and MB of Smithtown (Competition Imports) are owned by the same person or in anyway related?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2002, 08:18 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'23 EQE 350 4MATIC
Re: Question for people in NY (Long Island)

Originally posted by balajc
Does anyone know if MB of Huntington and MB of Smithtown (Competition Imports) are owned by the same person or in anyway related?

Thanks
http://www.competition-auto.com/

Above is a link to the Competition Auto Group's website. It does not list MB of Huntington as one of their dealerships.

http://www.mbhuntington.com/

And, I can't tell from MB Huntington's website if they are related to the Smithtown dealership.

http://www.competitionimports.com/meetourstaff.htm

Above links to some of Smithtown's staff. Do you recognize any of them and are the officers the same as for Huntington? The Huntington website does not list their staff so I can't tell.

A curious note: both of their websites were designed by the same outfit (Haltech Design, Inc). I don't know if that means anything but there could be a connection there.

Last edited by saintvir; 11-27-2002 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:30 AM
Almost a Member!

Yep...they are related. I found that out from my salesman at smithtown as well as from a previous post on this forum.

I did not like MB Huntington. I just picked up my mom's car last Saturday at Smithtown, I am holding my opinions on them for a few weeks
Old 12-09-2002, 01:17 PM

01, Blk/Blk S500
It is a bit late...but yes both are owned by the same person. This is my second car at Smithtown and will definately be my last. I am tried of dealing with them (Smithtown) and was hoping to deal with the Huntigton guys....

I had my S420 stolen off the lot at Smithtown, when I dropped it off for servicing. The car was found thanks to lojack a few day's later. Smithtown did very little to make up for their mistake.

Well I might give the Manhattan guys a try.

Nick
Old 12-29-2002, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm almost a month late but I wanted to *** my .02 cents I dont know where you live in NYC or how far you a willing to travel but I bought my car at Lakeview Mercedes in Rockville Center on Sunrise Hwy and they have been nothing but WONDERFUL!