Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Carfax shows my car has a service contract - how can I find the warranty company

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 424 Posts
Mercedes
Carfax shows my car has a service contract - how can I find the warranty company

Just bought a 2000 CL500.

Carfax shows that, when the car was sold in April 2006 a service contract was purchased. So theres a possibility my car may still be covered under this warranty, or possibly I can have the warranty transferred, but I dont know who the warranty company is!

I cant get in touch with the former owners of the car (already tried) and I think the person who bought the service contract was 2 owners ago.

Any MB or warranty experts know how I could go about finding out what company issued the extended warranty on this car?
Old 03-14-2008, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 MB E500
Originally Posted by tusabes

Carfax shows that, when the car was sold in April 2006 a service contract was purchased. So theres a possibility my car may still be covered under this warranty, or possibly I can have the warranty transferred, but I dont know who the warranty company is!

I cant get in touch with the former owners of the car (already tried) and I think the person who bought the service contract was 2 owners ago.

Any MB or warranty experts know how I could go about finding out what company issued the extended warranty on this car?
my best bet, take you VIN# and call up the MB dealer. Ask for Service Assistant or SA, ask him to look it up for you.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Banned

S
Originally Posted by tusabes

Would I be asking too much If i asked you IF you can run a VIN for me, thats is if you got that 30 day thing.?
Old 03-14-2008, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 424 Posts
Mercedes
I bought my carfax off craigslist for $3 from someone selling reports.

Already tried calling MB, the warranty is some unknown 3rd party company
Old 03-15-2008, 03:53 AM

2005 MB E500
well, call up Warranties direct, Paragon, or do google search for car warranty company that is 3rd party and ask. If I am determine to find out as you are. I'll call up every 3rd party warranty company and ask. Have your Vin# on hand when you do call them. It'll save you time with the elimination process.