Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Rock Chip on my Pano ROof!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 e550 coupe 2008 C350 99 CLK 320 92 300ZXTT 64 Nova 93 eg hatch
Rock Chip on my Pano ROof!

Some delinquent kids were throwing rocks into the parking lot at work and a fist sized one luckily hit only my front grill on my brand new c350 and another one hit the roof. I can replace the front grill, but there's a chip on glass roof (the moving piece). Is the glass tinted? Does anybody know if there is a way of repairing it without replacing the whole thing? The rock chip is about half an inch to an inch long and I'm afraid that it might start spreading...
Old 03-25-2008, 02:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 ML350 Gas
Tinted or not the tint would be on the inside not outside.

How bad is it
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by jamesk715
... Does anybody know if there is a way of repairing it without replacing the whole thing? The rock chip is about half an inch to an inch long and I'm afraid that it might start spreading...
There are kits available at auto parts stores for fixing chips in windshields. Some are a simple tube of resin and others more complex with ways to apply pressure to the resin being put on the chip. There are also people who come out and fix chips using one of these methods. I'm guessing the pressure on a moving roof glass panel isn't great since it floats in place....unlike a window that is glued in and has to deal with the body of the car flexing. So I think the chances of it spreading aren't as great as a windshield. Good luck with it.