Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

The 3 Pointed Star...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2012 E63
Exclamation The 3 Pointed Star...

Dear all...

One of the things I like about Mercedes is the 3 pointed star on the hood. And I was wondering... classes like SL, SLK, CL, etc etc... don't have the star on the hood... is it possible to get on installed? Would it look good.

I only imagine that it would look fantastic!

Your ideas?
Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 181 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
My idea is that Mercedes employs the world's best stylists.

If they think it won't look good, it won't.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
I for one am glad that my CLS doesn't have the hood symbol.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 311 Likes on 229 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by sbtm
Dear all...

One of the things I like about Mercedes is the 3 pointed star on the hood. And I was wondering... classes like SL, SLK, CL, etc etc... don't have the star on the hood... is it possible to get on installed? Would it look good.

I only imagine that it would look fantastic!

Your ideas?
Generally, people go the other way -- removing the hood ornament for the sportier coupe look. Coupes have the star incorporated in the grill design. A small star on top of a large star gives the front end a very odd look, in my opinion. You normally see this when sedan owners install a coupe grille and leave the hood ornament. I've never heard of a coupe owner adding a hood ornament, but it would create the same duplication of a design element that's meant to be a single focal point. Of course you could also swap the grill for a sedan grill, but why would you want to do that?

That said, it's your car. If you like stars, have at it.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by whoover
Generally, people go the other way -- removing the hood ornament for the sportier coupe look. Coupes have the star incorporated in the grill design. A small star on top of a large star gives the front end a very odd look, in my opinion. You normally see this when sedan owners install a coupe grille and leave the hood ornament. I've never heard of a coupe owner adding a hood ornament, but it would create the same duplication of a design element that's meant to be a single focal point. Of course you could also swap the grill for a sedan grill, but why would you want to do that?

That said, it's your car. If you like stars, have at it.