Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes-Benz Stocks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500
Mercedes-Benz Stocks?

Anyone have stock with MB? (NYSE ticker symbol DCX).

Of all the luxury automakers, only MB is showing increased sales and, as a result their shares/stocks are up, while those other luxury automakers are suffering a slight downtrend right now (as is many in the non-luxury market). Fluctuation may occur, but overall, especially with the new C-Class sales projections, a good stock to have. (This was highlighted in today's stock advice on MSNBC.)

I have several automotive shares, but only MB is on the upside right now. If only this were helping the depreciation level.

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stock...e?symbol=DAI.N

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/DAIMLERCHRYSLER_AG_(DAI)

(Of course, the ultra-exotics are still selling as their market is rather immune to conditions.)
Old 06-02-2008, 01:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1987 190E 2.3
I bought a few shares of DCX now DAI back in umm 00? when it was around $70 it then tanked and a was down to $24 last year. It only went up when Mercedes said they were selling Chysler. It has since been up to $110 and now is 70ish. It has been going down the past few weeks.
I wanted to buy more when it was at $24 but didn't

Sad thing is, it is one of the best performing investment I have had
Old 06-03-2008, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500
Originally Posted by Gullwing
I bought a few shares of DCX now DAI back in umm 00? when it was around $70 it then tanked and a was down to $24 last year. It only went up when Mercedes said they were selling Chrysler. It has since been up to $110 and now is 70ish. It has been going down the past few weeks.
I wanted to buy more when it was at $24 but didn't.

Sad thing is, it is one of the best performing investment I have had
I think its going to be very interesting to see where MB places itself in the economically-friendly automotive direction globally; namely the success of its hybrid/diesel/electric engineering and the impact/marketshare it develops thereof.