Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Calling all California MB techs.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:22 PM

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
Calling all California MB techs.

Hi guys, fellow MB master tech looking for some info on flat rate pay for experienced techs. I am currently living and working at an MB dealer in Ohio and would consider a move to the Monterey area. After seeing the home prices I am left feeling I may be homeless or renting if I made the move. I currently make $26 per hour and average 50-60 hrs a week. This provides our family with a nice home and enough money to live confortably with the wife staying home. Is this possible out west based on our line of work? We could bring about $100k to put towards a home but I am not sure this is enough to bring our payments down to reality. Any info would be much appreciated!

How about your shops hourly rate? Your flat rate pay? Property taxes? etc.
I realize we won't be able to reproduce what we have here but we feel the tradeoff would be worth it. Getting a little sick of the midwest mentallity of more, more, more. Thanks guys.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
You might try and PM Glassjaw who was an SLR(?) tech at one of the dealers over there.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
Will do. Thank you!