Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

New Website Gives Repair and Service Cost Ranges

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
New Website Gives Repair and Service Cost Ranges

I just came across a new website that attempts to provide estimates for various repairs on many makes of cars - both parts and labor - http://repairpal.com/

The site provides ranges of costs for a given repair - for example, the range provided for replacement of a Mass Air Flow Sensor on my '05 S500 was from $191 to $1053 - a huge variance. The estimate page also provided tips on items that should be checked along with the replacement (such as certain connectors that, if bad, would obviate the need to replace the MAF at all).

The site does not have information on repair or service for many items yet (it was only initiated on June 14); for example, while it addresses suspension, there was no information related to either Airmatic or ABC components; nothing on Mercedes electronics (COMAND, Audio units, nav, CDC replacement, etc.); and it did not address "A" and "B" service, only some components of each.

Still, if we let the site know what information we need for our Benzes, it could become a valuable tool to avoid being ripped off.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 237 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
I cannot stress how much of an awesome find this is. Thank you!