Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Daimler Chrysler bumper to bumper VS. MB Certified Preowned Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 HONDA CBR 929 RR, 2003 KAWASAKI ZX6R, 2004 YAMAHA ZUMA
Daimler Chrysler bumper to bumper VS. MB Certified Preowned Warranty

I am looking at several 2006 CLS55's to buy one of the cars has A 100K or 2013 Daimler Chrysler bumper to bumper warranty... the owner tells me this warranty is superior to the CPO warranty.....any input on this comment?

The other car i am looking at is under MB factory warranty till 10/09 and the used car dealer who has it up for sale tells me for another $2,000 i can get an extended 3year/36k

Thank you for time and input
Old 06-29-2008, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
The Damiler Chrysler warranty should be OK but check the warranty docs that the seller should produce for the details as to what is covered and when it expires both in year and mileage. The CPO warranty is pretty good also but there are some items, mostly cosmetic that are not covered and it should be similar to the Damiler Chrysler warranty. As for the offer made by the other dealer avoid any aftermarket 3rd party warranty many are scams and many do not cover important items. Best though is to buy your car from a dealer with the CPO warranty.