Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Pandora / Last.fm on iPhone 3G and Mercedes iPod Integration Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2008 | 12:43 AM

2007 CLK 350 Convertible
Pandora / Last.fm on iPhone 3G and Mercedes iPod Integration Kit

I have a CLK350 with the iPod integration kit in the glovebox installed by the dealer after the purchase.

I am a big fan of Pandora and Last.fm and the iPhone 3G now has these available as free apps.

I was thinking of using a female dock connector connected to the audio jack of the iPhone (http://www.cablejive.com/inputcable.html) and manually playing Pandora or Last.fm through the stereo. I already have a ProClip mount for the iPhone. I know it's not the cleanest solution but Mercedes-iPhone kit does not allow access to anything except the phone and the iPod itself, i.e. not any of the apps like Pandora or Last.fm on the iPhone.

My question is if anyone else had thought of this and tried it out. Cablejive has another cable (http://www.cablejive.com/sounddockcable.html) that might also work, given that it is compatible with other automobile iPod kits (Logjam, Enfig, and Pioneer iPod docking interfaces). I wasn't sure which cable or if this would even work.

Anyone else tried to get Pandora to play through the stereo another way?
Old 08-26-2008 | 05:39 PM

X166, 997
ping me in a few weeks

I will post a reply in a few weeks. I ordered the cablejive idock plug. I have the factory ipod integration kit, and have put aftermarket tv's in. If this works, I won't have to use the fm modulator to get tv audio thru the car speakers...stay tuned.
Old 09-08-2008 | 11:06 AM

X166, 997
does not work.

CableJive bose dock connector does not work on my R500.

On the flipside, use the factory jack, in addition to the ipod integration, and both works, as long as only one is plugged in at a time.
Old 09-09-2008 | 10:40 PM

2007 CLK 350 Convertible
Originally Posted by davidbho
CableJive bose dock connector does not work on my R500.

On the flipside, use the factory jack, in addition to the ipod integration, and both works, as long as only one is plugged in at a time.
Wait, can I clarify? You plugged in the male iPod integration kit into the female dock connector of the Bose and then plugged the audio jack into your iPod and could or could not get audio through the factory speakers? I would love to run the audio from my iPhone where I can run Pandora through my stereo speakers...

What do you mean use the factory jack, in addition to the iPod integration? You mean you cannot have two inputs, right? I'm not sure what you mean by factory jack. In my CLK, I only have a iPod dock cable coming out of the glove compartment.

Last edited by KLancelot; 09-10-2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-11-2008 | 04:07 PM

X166, 997
I have a 2006 R Class

My car originally came with the mini jack for AUX input. I retrofitted the ipod kit, and guess what, both connections work. One at a time of course.

So I'm guessing you could retrofit the mini jack AUX input, and keep you ipod interface.

For the cable jive solution, I purchased the bose dock connector that plugs:
http://www.cablejive.com/sounddockcable.html

And plugged it to my IPOD interface, then tried to a minijack plug from that to my IPOD's minijack output...didn't work. I did this because i read posts that only one of the AUX could work, either the ipod interface or the AUX mini-jack...not both, but they're wrong.