Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Average AMG owner...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55, Mini S
Average AMG owner...

According to "Star" magazine, the average MB-AMG owner owns four other MB vehicles...now it didn't say whether this means "has owned" or "currently owns" or "over their lifetime will own" four other MBs, but it does explained why the dealer called me back and said he only charged me $500 instead of the usual $1k for a deposit on the new W211-AMG. Maybe some of the dealers will actually start appreciating their buyers...
Old 01-16-2002, 01:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
My salesman never charged me a deposit (for my C32) at all! We had already bought an ML320 18 months previously.

He must have figured I was hooked!
Old 01-16-2002, 01:50 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's interesting?? That probably depends on the dealer because i know for a fact that if you want to get on the list for the SL55 min deposit is $1k. Now this could be because this is a hot ticket??
Old 01-16-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG, Volvo S80T6
just got my first AMG

and also my first MB.. I did not have to leave any deposit and he gave me a great deal. Maybe it means ultimately will own 4 MB's cause I just ordered a 2003 E55/50. Im third on the list and no money out of pocket. These are the best cars I have driven, so I can see how the average AMG owner would have owned 4 MB's to appreciate what they are worth. That was before the C32. I think a number of first time Benz owners have done so with the C32. I was a solid Volvo person for years... Im done with them unless there is some major breakthrough in technology from them that the german companies dont do.. (chuckle chuckle).