Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Who owns who? MB owns Chrysler, or Chrysler owns MB?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DCXdynodog
And exactly how would you know this?

You work there?

Your name is Kerkorian?

I think not.

How do you know about me?
I was working at auto dealerships in the 1980s and pre 1990s as a contractor working at most of the Chrysler dealers in San Diego. I had dealt with owners and managers of the Chrysler dealerships on a daily bases. They knew what trash Chrysler was putting out and they were not happy!
Old 01-01-2003, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by Lockbuster
I was working at auto dealerships in the 1980s and pre 1990s as a contractor working at most of the Chrysler dealers in San Diego. I had dealt with owners and managers of the Chrysler dealerships on a daily bases. They knew what trash Chrysler was putting out and they were not happy!
All the domestic manufacturers were making trash back then. The only reason they had to pull up their socks is because the Japanese manufactureres were socking it to them in price and in quality. They had no choice if they wanted to stay in business. The sad thing is that there is a protectionist movement very much alive in North America. In Canada we have the CAW union trying to pressure the federal government into taxing imports out of existence.
They think that if these vehicles are priced even higher then the customer will start buying domestic luxury vehicles. What a bunch of idiots.
Old 01-04-2003, 07:46 PM

2003 C230K, 6 spd, Brilliant Silver, C-5, C-7, CD changer
Originally posted by Lockbuster
People at Chrysler were very aware and working on this before the "merger".

Mecedes didn't bail anyone out, they caused more problems and then had to take drastic measures due to that and the economy nosing over at the same time.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by viper
The sad thing is that there is a protectionist movement very much alive in North America. In Canada we have the CAW union trying to pressure the federal government into taxing imports out of existence.
You need to get out more. Try selling your product in Japan. Or Brazil. Or China. American markets are the most open in the world.