Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Just Moved, Need new stealership in PA/NJ area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK55 Cab, 2012 C300
Just Moved, Need new stealership in PA/NJ area

I bought my '01 CLK from MB of West Chester and, after an initial attempt at a rip-off, a change in service advisors, two letters to the stealership's owners, and top level intervention by my salesperson, they have managed to treat pretty well.

So I've moved and don't much like the thought of the 60 mile trip to the dealership now. I'm in Bucks County now (and work in Pennsauken) so the nearest stealerships are in Princeton (closest to home) and Cherry Hill (closest to work).

Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with either? I realize that most stealerships fall into the "tolerable" and "worse" categories anyway but it looks like I will need some expensive work / diag. on my top and don't feel like tackling this myself.

Of course, if anyone has an Indy shop they'd recommend, I'm all ears as well. Any help is most appreciated!
Old 10-04-2008, 10:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 C320
Hey man, welcome to the forums! I too bought my MB at the West Chester Dealership. While I'm in PA, I'm not too familiar with you area, so unfortunately I can not help you with your requests for that location. Prior Ford man, nice! This MB is my first foregin car (always had Ford or GM). What kind of troubles have you had with the West Chester dealership? I've only been there once for a CEL, which they cleared and cost money. Other than that, I haven't really been in there for much.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:59 AM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
I've been to MB of Cherry Hill for service. No complaints...
Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by PA_Pete
Hey man, welcome to the forums! I too bought my MB at the West Chester Dealership. While I'm in PA, I'm not too familiar with you area, so unfortunately I can not help you with your requests for that location. Prior Ford man, nice! This MB is my first foregin car (always had Ford or GM). What kind of troubles have you had with the West Chester dealership? I've only been there once for a CEL, which they cleared and cost money. Other than that, I haven't really been in there for much.
After I bought my car, they assigned a Service Advisor to my "account" and riding home there was a subtle thump in one of the front wheels. I called my salesman who said to bring it in and I ended up fighting with the SA over the replacement costs of a new wheel ($500). Mind you, this car was under warranty! I eventually had to get the shop manager involved (who further instigated things with the SA when he suggested that the tire that was on there was crap too). Eventually, I got my wheel and tire for nothing and, after changing to another SA, things have been mostly OK. The prior SA would also lie to me and say that there were no loaners available; after much complaining to my salesman (and the owners), they have since ALWAYS been able to scrounge one up.

In short, get real friendly with your SA and if you think he's trying to rip you off, make sure you talk to the shop manager (he's a pretty cool guy and will even take a ride with you or diagnose something his techs can't seem to figure out).
Old 10-05-2008, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by LesB3
Of course, if anyone has an Indy shop they'd recommend, I'm all ears as well. Any help is most appreciated!
Try here : http://www.onlybenz.com/.......his shop is about 20 min from Pennsauken.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 PM

Thanks!
Have you ever used him for anything? Comments?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by LesB3
Thanks!
Have you ever used him for anything? Comments?
He is the only person who services my cars. I wouldn't recommend anyone who I have used personally.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:27 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
09 CLK550
I don't think it is going to be close for you, but I've taken my C230 to MB of Devon, PA for about 3yrs now and have nothing but good things to say about my service advisor.
The parts guys are knowledgable too. Gave me a free tail light bulb, lol.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 C320
Originally Posted by ambit
I don't think it is going to be close for you, but I've taken my C230 to MB of Devon, PA for about 3yrs now and have nothing but good things to say about my service advisor.
The parts guys are knowledgable too. Gave me a free tail light bulb, lol.
Who is your SA there? You don't have to post here, but could send a PM. I know my car (before I owned it) was previously serviced at MB of Devon, so I may stop in there and ask for the records. The West Chester dealership doesn't seem to want to give me the work history of my car, either they can't or won't, I'm not sure, but like I said, I do know that that is where my car was serviced.