Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Command installs in Northern VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 03:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
Cool Command installs in Northern VA

I am planning to have a Command installed in my 03' CLK 500 by Steve (MBenzNL) at the end of January. He will be in the New York area at that time. Steve mentioned that a few people from Virginia might be interested. I have offered to let Steve use my 2 car garage to perform installs if he has enough to make it worth his while to visit Northern Virginia.

Feel free to reply to this message or email Steve if you would be interested in a Command install in Northern Virginia. I live about 30 miles west of DC in Sterling, VA.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can this be done?!?!?! The only thing that I am really missing is COMAND in my '03 CLK500. What is this going to cost? Will it work properly? My dealer said it could not be installed after the car leaves the factory. Please PM me or reply here...I would love details. I am about 2 hours away from NoVa
Old 01-10-2003, 03:38 PM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
YES ! it can be done and according to Steve, it's not too bad of a job. I don't know why the dealerships won't do it - maybe they just don't want the hassle. Cost is $1300 US for the hardware and installation. Steve uses refurbished or used European Commands.

Check out this prior thread about an install done in LA:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=24040

Contact Steve if you are interested. You'll need to provide a small downpayment on the hardware before Steve ships the units from the Netherlands to the US in the next few weeks.

I will send you a PM with his address. You can also get in touch w/him through his web site: www.MBenz.NL

Regards,

Ike
Old 01-13-2003, 07:51 PM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
So far, it looks like there isn't a whole lot of interest in this area. Looks like I may need to drive to New York !

The list I have so far is:

- ME (03' CLK 500)
- My friend potentially (03' CLK 320)
- 500AMG
- amiras

C'mon Northern Virginia MB Drivers. Speak up !
Please contact Steve directly if interested:

s_krabbenborg@hotmail.com