Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Birth Certificate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Mercedes Birth Certificate

This is something that I 've wanted for along time and I believe other die-hard enthusiasts would want also.Especially all of the Black Series owners that plan on keeping their vehicle.I will try and answer as many questions as I can think of right off the bat.If you have a question that I haven't answered please feel free to PM me and if I can answer it I will :

#1)Cost : $125.00 + $8.00 shipping and handling + $9.31 sales tax = $142.31

#2)Time : It was ordered the 1st week of December - Delivered Feb. 17th -so I guess figure 10 weeks? I don't know what role the holiday season played in this process.

#3) What you get : A nice black cloth like foldout style binder that contains a beautiful "Zertificate" that has your name on it,model of vehicle,vin#,purchase order # ,engine #,gearbox #,destination of delivey,date of delivery,paintwork DB code,upholstery DB code and it was signed by Michael Bock & Jurgen E. Whittman , and a certificate # underneath the signatures.When you fold out the other sections there are 2 pages that contain all of the specifications for you vin# vehicle at the time of delivery - basically all of the "option codes".Also a dated letterwas included from Michael F Kunz - Manager,Mercedes Classic Center USA,basically thanking you and notify you that your vin# and name has been recorded in Damler Corporate Archives and that this information will remain as part of its permanent records.

#4) How to order : call the classic parts center @ (949)-598-4850.I was told that you may want to press the "sales" option from the voice directory options.

I hope this helps.It really is a nice gift for yourself or another MB enthusiast.
Attached Thumbnails Mercedes Birth Certificate-c43-re-touch-birth-certificate-re-edit.jpg  
Old 02-23-2009, 07:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1987 190E 2.3
I have thought about getting one for my 190E, but didn't want to spend that much on it when I was working, so now without a job it is even farther down on my list. I just went with the free mileage badge. If I could only remember where it is I put it
Looks cool.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM
MTI
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'85 190E 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
Along the lines of "free" . . . MBUSA will give you a copy of the "dealer window sticker" that was applied at the US prep centers. You can also get a copy of your car's "data card" via e-mail from the Classic Center in Irvine.