Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

BMW 135i tii up against V8 supercar, F1 racer at Australian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeep
BMW 135i tii up against V8 supercar, F1 racer at Australian Grand Prix

BMW's little 1 Series has proven itself to be a credible performer that's able to hang with nearly anything else it likely to encounter on the road. But against an Australian V8 Supercar and BMW's own Formula 1 racer? Not a chance. Regardless, these three vehicles will indeed face off at the upcoming F1 season opener Down Under. To help level the playing field, each vehicle will start with a handicap, so the real excitement will begin near the end of the lap when the three cars close in on one another as they sprint to the finish line.
The 1 Series that's taking part in the event will be equipped with the German automaker's potent 3.0L twin-turbo inline six and will wear 18" alloys bolted up to a tuned suspension set up with cross-drilled brakes. A set of tii decals and a full BMW Performance aerodynamic body kit top things off. The race will be repeated 5 times starting on Thursday, March 26th.

more pictures...
Old 03-25-2009, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
I remember seeing a similar MB race a couple years ago. IIRC it was the C350 Sport against the C Class DTM and their F1. The best part was that the F1 was even able to make a pit stop and beat the other cars easily, although it did come down to the last stretch.

Now it's time for the 1 series to get chewed up and spit out like the C350 did! (although it will certainly put up more of a fight)