Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Starmark Warranty Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 E430
Starmark Warranty Issues

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but figured it was a 'general' issue.

Warm weather has started to come around in Denver, and I recently discovered that the air conditioning in my 2000 E430 didn't work. I took it into the dealer as I believed the Starmark warranty was still good. I calculated my warranty ending on June 14th, 2009. The dealer disagreed, told me my warranty ended on June 14, 2008.

To sum this up as easily as possible:
-Factory Warranty ended June 14th, 2004
-I bought a 5 year extended Starmark warranty on the car in 2003.
-Thinking the 5 year extended kicks in at the end of the factory warranty, my final warranty end date should be June 14th, 2009.

So, the dealership is telling me that my Starmark extended warranty was enacted the day it was purchased in June of 2003. I'm finding it hard to believe that myself or anyone else would buy an extended warranty if it actually shaved a year off their existing warranty. Anyway, the dealership said it filed a claim with Mercedes to get it all worked out. In the meantime, I am cruising around in 80 degree weather with no AC

Does anyone have real experience with these Starmark warranties? Has this happened to you? I can't find the paperwork for my extended warranty so I feel I'm at the mercy of my dealership and Mercedes of North America, which can't be a good spot to be in.

Thank you for any input/advice!