Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Jumping ship

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 GL450
Jumping ship

Hello mbworld.

I am currently the happy owner of a 2001 BMW 540i 6 speed. I do love it. But it is getting a little old, and the mileage is getting up there.

I am thinking about picking up a 2006 E55 AMG. And I am wondering what everyone here thinks about the switch to MB from BMW.

My concerns are size. I have two child car seats in the back, and they just barely fit in the BMW. It seems to me that the E55 is just a wee bit smaller than the 5 series. Can anyone verify that?

Additionally, how well do the dynamic, vibrating, and cooled seats work. Is it worth looking for one with that option. And I really like the Keyless Go. But does it work like it should?

Is there anything that I should avoid - options wise ?

Lastly, what about handling? I know the E55 will be a lot faster, but will it hug the road like my BMW? My car isn't an M3 or M5, but it still handles like a dream.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I will post this same question in a BMW forum and try to find unbiased answers.

Thanks,

ysgi
Old 05-30-2009, 11:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Since your questions are specific to the E55, you may want to post this question in the E55 AMG, E63 AMG (W210, W211) forum. Perhaps more people will respond there...
Old 05-30-2009, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 GL450
I felt that there would be more BMW knowledge in the general forum.

But if a mod wants to move it.....by all means.