Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Bluetooth Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 S550,2013 Hyundai Equus 2008 Lexus LS460
Bluetooth Problem

Hi: I'm a Newbie to this forum......hope I am in the right place with this.....

I have just purchased a low milage 03 SL500 with all of the toys, including the hands free phone.....the P.O. told me there was a bluetooth in the car, and that I should go to the dealer to find out how to work it......I know how that would have went.....SO....

Seeing that the Motorola v60i is no longer available, and lacks much of todays goodies I was sure the dealer would try to sell me a new aftermarket installation at a "Very reasonable price".....Yeah...like everything on a MB

I am the original owner of an 84 380SL in original condition....so I know how that goes....

After much crawling around on the net I realized that it would work if I could find the code.....which I was able to do.....BUT.....now my problem is turning it off when I leave the car without turning off my cell phone.....I walk away from the car, and the cell disconnects from the car, but the blue light on the MB v60 Adaptor with BT is still on, and draining the battery....

Anyone have any ideas.....

Thanks

Mort
Old 07-29-2009, 05:23 PM

2004 E320
It will turn itself off after a while. Check back with the car (without your cell phone) to see if the blue light is "OFF". Make sure your paired cell phone is far, far away from your car.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:49 PM

Thanks "Used MB".......Your advice was golden.....BUT....

For what it's worth.......I found in searching around that there are a few compatable phones....basically Motorola V551, V557, and a few others that if carefully checked might also work.....

I went to the Local AT&T store, and was told that these phones were no longer available....BUT....there is a national franchise known as CPR or Cell Phone Repair, and they deal in used phones, and the guarantee is the same as a new phone......and they will make sure it works properly with your equipment at no cost...

I bought a used V551, $55.00, and it works like a charm.....with the V60 Bluetooth puck.....

The web site is www.PhoneMedics.com

Hope this is of some value to someone.

Mort Fligelman
2003 SL500
Old 08-05-2009, 08:45 PM

2004 E320
How good?

Hi mfligelman,

Does your puck's blue light turn-off any earlier? I have an old cheapie phone from AT&T (Nokia 6102i) that seem to work just fine ... although my phone doesn't seem to disconnect that quickly either. Sometime, my phone appeared to be still connected even after leaving the garage for a few minutes. I was still getting this little car icon on my display even when I was in my kitchen. My phone beeped and the icon disappeared after another minute or two.

Otherwise, my phone seems to work really well. My phonebook was automatically downloaded into the Command unit. The sound quality seem to be OK. I asked people I called, and they say I sounded fine. There was one time when someone said I didn't sounded very good, and it was right after I adjusted the phone volume to high. Since then, I reduce the volume and I have not had any more complaint.

UsedMB
Old 08-06-2009, 01:42 AM

Very Good

Back at you UsedMB:

The phone I was originally trying to use is a Samsung AT&T phone, but it uses the circutry the same as a Qualcom 3G HSPDA......and according to the guys at CPR, it will work, but some of it is to far advanced to properly interface with six year old technology with items such as the phone book.....so your phone being a bit older is just fine, as is the V551 I bought.

It seems that it does take quite a distance, and quite a bit of time for the bluetooth to disconnect itself........I think we will just have to live with that.....

I still really have not given it a complete shakedown yet, but I feel certain that it will work......frankly...it is just a toy I am playing with......I have a Motorola T305 Bluetooth adapter in my Lexus, and except for the voice dial feature that it does not have the Samsung phone works perfectly.....

As I play and get more familiar with this toy I will let you know my findings if you are interested.

Regards

Mort

Last edited by mfligelman; 08-06-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes AMG
Yeah! You are right. It takes some time.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Mercedes AMG
But it depends on the type of bluetooth device you are using.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:06 PM

2004 E320
Thanks, keep me updated because I only drive my car on the weekend for work purpose. I only installed the puck myself recently thanks to this forum's DIY posts.

I had an 1990 pearl white LS400 always garaged for nearly 20 years. It was in nearly perfect condition. My wife drove it a few months ago and got hit. It had a medium sized dent on the rear quarter panel. Their insurance company adjuster immediately declared it salvaged. I bought my used MB to replace it.

I had a phone in my 1990 Lexus, but it was an obsoleted corded analog phone!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:38 PM

2001 s500
you can always go to the settings on your phone and turn off Bluetooth