Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Hey i have a lemon law buyback question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cclass05
Hey i have a lemon law buyback question

If i do a Lemon Law buyback on a mercedes and then i decide to buy the car later again is that illegal?? i did a lemon buyback because the car had alot of problems

and now im thinking about getting the same car again but im scared it might have problems again i dont know if it looks bad if you just did lemon buyback and now you have the same car again can mercedes say its a lie or something try to get u introuble???
the car is very clean and maybe they fixed all the problems it had
or should i just forget it and buy a different one??
Old 09-03-2009, 06:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by slammedcclass
If i do a Lemon Law buyback on a mercedes and then i decide to buy the car later again is that illegal?? i did a lemon buyback because the car had alot of problems

and now im thinking about getting the same car again but im scared it might have problems again i dont know if it looks bad if you just did lemon buyback and now you have the same car again can mercedes say its a lie or something try to get u introuble???
the car is very clean and maybe they fixed all the problems it had
or should i just forget it and buy a different one??
just move on. the car's title will be tagged as a buy-back which makes it much harder to sell and really kills the resale value. That's a lose-lose.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Why on earth would you buy the car that you lemon lawed? There are lots of these cars out there.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Lol I had to read this over a few times to figure out if he wanted to purchase another Benz of the same model, or if he actually wanted to buy the car he claimed lemon law on. From what I gather, for reasons that are very unclear, he wants to purchase the same exact car that he filed lemon law on.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm guessing there are legal issues with buying the exact same car and if there aren't, I would be willing to bet it would be sold as is, no warranty, and no Benz dealer would touch it. I don't imagine MB would let a car with that many problems be sent back into consumer circulation only to cause more problems and bad public relations for another consumer. I would think that a car that has been legally declared a lemon, can't be resold under a normal title, possibly a salvage title?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Lol I had to read this over a few times to figure out if he wanted to purchase another Benz of the same model, or if he actually wanted to buy the car he claimed lemon law on. From what I gather, for reasons that are very unclear, he wants to purchase the same exact car that he filed lemon law on.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm guessing there are legal issues with buying the exact same car and if there aren't, I would be willing to bet it would be sold as is, no warranty, and no Benz dealer would touch it. I don't imagine MB would let a car with that many problems be sent back into consumer circulation only to cause more problems and bad public relations for another consumer. I would think that a car that has been legally declared a lemon, can't be resold under a normal title, possibly a salvage title?
it gets a branded title that refers to it being a buy-back.

I found a cheap Maserati Coupe' and was drooling until the sales buy told me about the buy-back title (which he did in his second or third sentence - very honest about it). I couldn't get past that title branding, no matter how great a deal.