Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Range Rover Sport Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Range Rover Sport Help

Hey guys, i am a big benz guy but i have a feeling i will not be purchasing the C63 as my inital plans were.

I am looking into buying a Range Rover Sport SC, and i need some help. The suv makes more sense for me right now, and i love the Range Rover.

Do you guys have any helpful hints from past experiences, ownership, friends?? anything would be great

also, i cant find many forums. what are the best forums for land rover?
Old 10-12-2009, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E350 Sport
Ranges have real reliability issues; I would lease
Old 10-18-2009, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C300 4Matic
Ironically I just made the switch over from Range Rover Sport. Mine was a 08 HSE (so no Supercharged engine) but same inside and out. The 2010s are beautiful and make some improvements on major lacking areas(iPod, navigation, etc). but overall after driving my RRS for 2 years solid(it was my dream car before) I can pretty fairly report a few things.

the look/feel of the car is unparalleled, perhaps because its my favorite car I'm partial but I don't think any SUV touches it in terms of style and overall aesthetics. Also, in terms of driving the RRS is definitely more power/versatile than anything else in its class. You'll be driving a luxury vehicle capable of what many off road type vehicles can't do. That with the supercharged 500hp and you'll certainly be happy.

the major downsides(and to me they were major) are that for the price the cars don't have NEARLY the luxuries, technologies & interior features that they should. Although I loved every day in MY RRS the 06 BMW325 I had gotten rid of was 20 times nicer. Their navigation is embarrassing as well as their bluetooth, audio, and other menus. I know they've upgraded the nav and iPod but from all initial feedback I've gotten it seems to still be leaps beyond what else is out there. Also, in just general terms of ambient lighting, instruments, seats, controls, general feel I'd say that the Range Rover Sports just don't compare to the other luxury brands priced in the same range. I've had my 2010 E350 one week and it feels like it costs 5 times as much as my rover on the inside.

Lastly, for what its worth..I had no reliability issues, no abnormal services or maintenance. No breakdowns, malfunctions or major problems. Had a seat memory module that had to be replaced early on(took 1 hr in and out) and a glove box latch that became loose over the years and they swapped but everything else worked like a charm. Land Rover service was always quick, free loaner and easy. The popular "Range Rovers break and are unreliable" myth was certainly busted with me.

Hope some of this helps.