Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Brakes Squeel Every Freaking Morning!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daily - CL600
Angry Brakes Squeel Every Freaking Morning!

Hey Guys,

Like the title says the brakes on my CL600 are driving me crazy every morning when I back out of my garage. One mechanic told me it was likely cause by brake dust that has built up? Last week I had the rear rotors and pads replaced just to test this theory but have since registered absolutely no difference in sound. Seriously embarassing having everyone on the block think I don't know how to take care of my car properly when aside from replacing the front rotors and pads as well I really have no clue what to do.

Any suggestions?

Later,
Tom
Old 12-01-2009, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 215 Posts
S560
I had the same problem. I replaced the pads on my 211 E550 w/ porterfields after only 3k miles (couldn't take it anymore). It completely stopped the squeel and ended the brake dust!! My rims stayed clean for 2 weeks after the change, worth it even if it didn't fix the squeel! I used the rs line, they were approx $200 and took me 35 min to do all 4...
Old 12-01-2009, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 181 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Noise is the audible effect of vibration.

Your pads are vibrating.

Use brake paste to absorb vibration.

In addition, ensure any springs, soft backing plates and any other designed in vibration absorbers are present and in good condition.

Understand that brake paste can be washed away at times prior to when the pads are worn out, so think of its replenishment as required maintenance.

This being said, my neighbor has a W220 S-class (upon which your C215 is based) and his does same as yours. If it's endemic to this model, dealer surely has a dealer technical bulletin (DTB) on the topic that describes the fix, should it require more than just usual and proper maintenance. You can search for DTB yourself with a one-day subscription at http://www.startekinfo.com

Last edited by lkchris; 12-01-2009 at 03:43 PM.