Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MB Warranty Question (need help pelase)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 4MATIC
MB Warranty Question (need help pelase)

Hi All -
I'm considering buying a high-mile 2007 E550 very very cheap.

The money I could save could easily buy an extended warranty.

Question - can anyone recommend a good warranty company (that is minimal hassle when using it, is solid for the $ and MB dealerships accept) that would cover a vehicle with 100k plus miles?

The one I'm looking at buying was a CPO and now has 82k miles on it. Owner is a salesman and is on the road all the time (I know him personally so know this is true - car will have all highway miles). He and I are friends and he offered me the car at $4250! And it has 18k miles left on the CPO (confirmed it was transferrable), has been serviced at the same MB dealership since he bought it with 28k miles/he has all the service records to show me. And truthfully it is in near mint condition on the outside and inside.

I will have my MB dealership give it the once-over before I make the leap. But even if I have to but an extended warranty for thousands, it still could be a great deal. If anything I'll sell the tires, rims, etc. and part it out after I beat the h**l out of it for 18k miles. Or junk it.

Woudl appreciate any thoughts. He let me have for a few hours yesterday and it ran like a champ. I left it in my driveway for an hour after. Checked engine, oil, etc. No leaks, burning oil, etc.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
98 Brilliant Silver E320 Wagon
Normally I urge caution but in this case it looks like a no-brainer. The car was designed to run all day at highway speeds so highway miles mean almost nothing. I prefer a used car that was a CPO since there's no hesitation on the part of the owner to address problems.

At that price it's an absolute steal. Put a couple thousand in a CD and use it if you need it rather than buying insurance.

Good luck.