Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

S class bluetooth with Motorola Droid Phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S63
S class bluetooth with Motorola Droid Phone

I will try to ask this the best I can.... Is anyone else using a Moto Droid with MB bluetooth? The problem I'm experiencing is since version 2.1 update last week, the bluetooth no longer syncs my contacts. Actually, it syncs most of my contacts but seems to be choosy on which contacts to carry over. As an example, if I remove or add a contact manually, it may or may not sync it? Some times it does and sometimes it doesn't. On top of that, the contacts that is does sync, when you click on the name through the directory of the car's contact list, it shows that contacts name 5-8 times. I can't figure out a pattern on what's going on.

Prior to the 2.1 update, all worked well and sync'd with no problem. This is not a phone problem as I have tried the same model phone with the same version operating system and had the same problem. I also tried these same phones on another S class and that car duplicates the same problems.

Anyone else experiencing this and is there a fix?

Thank you!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
I don't own an S, but do have the droid. I can tell you that on your S, if you keep downloading your contacts again and again, it will keep making duplicates. I would suggest deleting your contacts from your car, then re-downloading them. Also, I know the droid has a way to sync the Facebook and google contacts, is it those that it's not downloading?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:02 PM

2008 S63
No it is not Facebook contacts. I can add 3 entries and 1 of the 3 will sync. Or 0 of the 3. Can't figure out why sometimes it does and other times it doesn't. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:17 AM

2008 s 550
Droid2 and S 550

Have the same problem. phone sync fine but address does not. only thing that shows up are the phone numbers with voice tags that were previously created