Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Extended Warranty through Prism or Prizm Total Protection Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350
Extended Warranty through Prism or Prizm Total Protection Package

Hi there,

I just purchased a pre-owned 2007 E350 with 45k miles. Still under factory warranty for 5k. The dealership, Park Place highly recommended that I purchase their extended warranty. A company called Prism or Prizm's Total Protection Package. The finance guy started from $4500 for 3years/100,000 miles w/$50 deductible, and came down to around $3500.

I expressed my hesitation about how the 3rd Party warranties can be a pain. He said that Park Place offers the same company warranty for all their brands, Maserati, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Benz, Jaguar, etc. So I shouldn't be worried.

I wanted to ask around here and see if anyone has ever heard of this company. And if you have purchased an extended warranty, how was your experience?

Also, is it even worth to buy an extended warranty for a 2007 E350 w/45k miles and clean condition?
Old 07-23-2010, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 Wagon
Bought protection in 2007

I got a 5/75,000 warranty supreme protection. I have low mileage on the car and only driving locally. I called many of the local dealers to see what they were offering. The majority were doing the Prizm at the time. I also shopped around, played some dealerships off each other and saved more cash.

I've been sitting on it for 3 years and I finally had some suspension problems this month and the repair place called it in and it was covered. I was actually shocked.

It hasn't paid for itself yet, but I have another 2 years left.

I like you had looked for threads about Prizm, so I figured I post for everyone.