Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Just Got the Bad News on Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S 560, C 63 S Cabriolet
Angry Just Got the Bad News on Warranty

I bought my 2007 CLS63 non-CPO in June 2009 with 6000 miles on it from MB of Delray (The warranty is up in early October and I currently have 14400 miles on it). I was told by MBUSA no less than three times dating back to June 2009 that if the car was still within the original warranty that I could purchase an ELW from MB. They also knew I was a second owner because they updated the system to reflect me as the new owner and even sent me a mini AMG history book with DVD plus a $100 gift card to Saks Fifth Avenue. So, I called several dealers today to inquire about purchasing an ELW, and they each said that my car was not eligible since it was not CPOed by my selling dealer. After calling MBUSA back for a second time today and telling them what each dealer said, the representative put me on hold and then finally came back and told me that my car was not eligible. This same representative initially told me that it was eligible as well as another representative that I spoke with less than an hour earlier. At my request, I was then connected to a Case Resolution Manager that ultimately told me that the last thing that the last representative told me was indeed correct along with what the dealers were saying. Furthermore, when I stated that each time that I called MBUSA about an ELW for my car (as early as June 2009) and was told by the representatives that my car qualified as long as I was still within the original warranty (which I still am), the manager said that the only thing that was in the records from my previous calls to MBUSA was that I called about an extended warranty and they referred me to the finance manager at the dealers. According to the manager, there was no record of me being told that my car was eligible for an MB ELW. Needless to say, I am so frustrated with MBUSA. Maybe it's my own fault. I just don't know. At this point, I wish that I had taken advantage of the quote that Lisa gave me while she was still in the business. Any suggestions or comments that you fellow forum members can provide might provide some solace during this low point.

Last edited by kc2ntlh; 09-28-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:37 PM

S 560, C 63 S Cabriolet
Bump.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600 r230, SL600 r129,, SL500 r230, ML320, C280 Sport, 190e 2.3 16V (2)
fwiw, I would never believe anything anybody at a dealer would tell me. I'd been deceived way too many times. Sounds like you are out of luck.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:50 PM

S 560, C 63 S Cabriolet
Originally Posted by waybomb
fwiw, I would never believe anything anybody at a dealer would tell me. I'd been deceived way too many times. Sounds like you are out of luck.
Unfortunately, it seems like you are correct. I will have to go the after market route.