Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

flat battery. dash board faults

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w140 s420
flat battery. dash board faults

Hi there, I have a problem. Today I left the ignition key turned on with out the engine running. Silly mistake due to rain fall and open windows. The result was a flat battery. The problem now is that I have no speedometer, the vacuum gage show full, the abs brake light is on, the asr light is on and the radio doesn't work. Here is what took place when jump starting the car with jumper leads. The gentleman who helped me put the cables on the incorrect terminals at first, the was a quick spark and we realised there was a problem. We changed the leads to the correct terminals and the car started. The battery has charged but I have problems on the dash board. I think the steering also feels strange. The abs light is on, the asr light is on, the speedo does not work, the vacuum gage shows full and the radio doesn't work. Does anyone know what I have done and how can I fix it? Thank you for your time and help. George.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w140 s420
Fixed asr light, fixed abs light, fixed speedometer & steering

Fixed asr light, fixed abs light, fixed speedometer, fixed heavy steering, fixed radio, fixed vacuum gauge. This was all fixed by replacing one 10 amp fuse in the cpu / control module box on the left side of the engine bay. I took the cover off and found four 10 amp fuses, one was blown. The problem began with a jump start gone wrong. The terminals had been reversed causing the short. Even though the engine still ran well, I had all these other problems. They're now all gone. Joy.