Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Going To Stuttgart? Where Should I Go? What Should I See??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
Going To Stuttgart? Where Should I Go? What Should I See??

I am visiting stuttgart in March, and I know about the Mercedes museum, is there a factory tour I can go on in stuttgart or like Sindelfingen? ANyone that has gone, can you please give me suggestions??? THank you very much! If anyone like to email me, please do @ vertigogh@aol.com
Old 02-14-2002, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK320
Some MB related points of interest

I vacationed in Germany last Sept, so here's a couple of tips:

The plant tour (Sindelfingen) offers multiple tours in various languages. There is an introductory movie and then you get on a shuttle that takes you around the grounds.

You'll get a tour through the stamping plant, glass installation, interior trim, paint, and finally where the driveline meets the finished body. Part of the tour is in inside the shuttle (for safety reasons) and other parts you are walking right alongside the assembly line in other parts of the plant.

The plant is right next to the suburb of Boeblingen and even has a shuttle bus to pick up people right across the street from the U-Bahn (streetcar) station - and you can get a ride back to the U-Bahn as well.

The Sindelfingen plant assembles the S-Class, C-class coupe, and (if I remember) the E-class. There's even a gift shop to purchase accessories if the mood strikes you...the day I was there, they were building C-class coupes.

Another item is the Mercedes-Benz Museum at Unterturkheim. This has models from the 1901 through early 1970's. There are even racing cars if that interests you. This can also be accessed via the U-Bahn and is about 2 blocks walk to another MB shuttle bus. This is the exit near the Gottleim-Daimler