Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Door lock and chip problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB S320
Door lock and chip problem

Dear all friends,

I am new in this forum.
I used keyless go and I drive 2000 S320.
Recently, I have a problem. One day, I touch the door handle, the interior light is on. But the door pin does not move upward. I keep lock the car by pressing the door handle sensor and unlock it by touching the handle. Finally, I try to pull the door handle with the down position of the door pin. Wow, the door can be opened. I get into the car. At the meanwhile, i find a work on the dash display. It says "chip not recognise" I try the central unlock but it does not help at all. I start the engine and let it go for a while. The central lock is working. After half an hour, I park and lock as usual. It works.
When I come back after few hour, I still can unlock the car.
The other day. I don't use the keyless go. I use the key remote now. It works normally at the first few time. But now, it happens like this. When I press the unlock button, interior light is on, door pin is not up, I cannot open the door by pulling the handle. I keep lock and unlock it but still the same result. Fianlly, I keep pressing the unlock button and the window moves down. I open the door by internal door handle. The alarm siren does not sound which means the alarm is disarmed. Then I start the engine and run. After a while, the central lock works again. Then I park the car and lock it, it works. I try to unlock it. It does not work.
What I thought is that, if the chip does not recognized, I cant arm and disarm and even start the engine. If the vacuum pump does not work, i don't think the central lock can work.
Does the battery voltage affect the performance of the vacuum pump? I find some forum, it says disconnect battery and yellow fuse is not a good way. Any other thought for my case? Please share your experience.
Thanks.