Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Global warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011 | 02:47 AM

2004 E320
Global warranty

hey guys, from the dealer i purchased the benz, i got offered a warranty basically called global warranty, based in london,ontario(dont know if they have in the states) its pretty reasonable since my benz has no warranty on it cause its a used benz, what are your thoughts about this company? is it worth signing with them or its just bs?

http://www.globalwarranty.com/canada...ies_2star.html

please let me know your thoughts if you ever tried or on this company warranty system.

regards
Old 07-20-2011 | 11:43 AM

E-350
Re Global warranty

Hey italyatalanta,

I have never heard of that warranty before. I would be super super careful about buying anything other than a Mercedes-Benz warranty. I would do several things before you purchase:

1) Go to 1 or 2 Mercedes-Benz dealers in your area and speak with a service adviser NOT a finance manager. Ask them about claims with that company and ask them if there is a difference in what they cover labor wise. When I sell warranties that is one of the big differences that people don't take into consideration

2) Shop. I would recommend looking into INDS (Bank of America's Service Plan) for vehicles that are currently out of their factory warranty. Mercury & Master Tech are also good but I'm not sure if they cover Canada.

3) If you want, you can send me via pm the last 7 of your vin and I can give you more of an idea on what you qualify for. Or you can call me, 512-454-6821 ask for Jake.

You are in a tricky situation, last time I looked at the coverage literature Mercedes-Benz Extended Limited Warranty does not cover Canada, but if you are near the border & a dealership in the USA that might also be something to consider. DO NOT make any decisions without getting a sample contract or detailed coverage literature from the provider. Make sure you read it! If you do get a copy of coverage you can send it to me and I'll take a look too.

I would really like more information, is the seller a dealership? If so, is it a Mercedes-Benz dealership? Is the vehicle Certified Pre-Owned? Is there still some factory coverage remaining on the vehicle? Can the dealer certify the vehicle for you? (Only if an official Mercedes-Benz dealer)

hope this help!

Jacob
Old 07-20-2011 | 03:24 PM

2004 E320
thanks jacob.pm sent