Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

why is your Indy better than your dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1997 honda accord
why is your Indy better than your dealer?

Wanted to if you guys thought your local Indy is a better place to take you Mercedes. We have several here but only a few shine. The dealer is so frusterating to go to. especially when I take my car there and then to the indy only to find out that the dealer didn't mention the very large oil leak because it is condsidered selling warranty work. Love my Indy!!
Old 09-20-2011, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Knowing how techs at dealers are paid, I wouldn't want a dealer to touch my car... ever. They're paid by flat rate which means it is most beneficial for them to work fast, cut corners, and simply not care just to rack up the most amount of hours each day. I know plenty of people who have worked at dealers and are still working at dealers. They tell me of stories of how they cut corners (ie. instead of removing the transmission to access a bolt, they just grind a hole in the transmission housing) Techs at the dealer do not have to interact with the customer, so poor quality work doesn't affect their pay in any way.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:18 AM

Black 2000 E320 4Matic
Well I'm not taking my car to a dealer ever again unless its absolutely necessary after reading what you just said lol
Old 10-19-2011, 04:27 PM

1999 C230 Kompressor
My indie takes the time to see what's actually causing the problem bad on my description rather than fixing what I may think is wrong. I'm not a mechanic and the dealer has simply put the part on I thought was broken on a couple of occasions, even tho I stated that was a guess and I wanted them to determine the cause for me. I eventually got tired of buying parts for no real reason and now only go to my indie.