Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercesdes service OTHER THAN @ the dealership??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 4Matic
Mercesdes service OTHER THAN @ the dealership??

So, I was on my way to Mercedes on Mavis in Mississauga today... I had an appointment booked (80,000km checkup) for what I thought was 11:30am (turned out to be 11:00). On my way there at exactly 11:15 (when I was 5 minutes away) I got a call saying I missed my appointment at 11, they've started working on another car, and I wouldn't get my car back that day if I had brought it in now.

Now, I may have entered it into the phone's calendar wrong... but what really pisses me off about this, is that the service advisor said I would get a call the day before (never happened) as a reminder. I could have corrected the time in my calendar.

Another thing that surprised me, is I was not offered a "loaner" while they looked it over. My only option was shuttle service. Leaving it over-night would not be a problem if this was offered to me.

I took the day off today to do this... not tomorrrow.

I no longer wish to deal with them.

I am sure people here have opinions... so share them with me.

Am I being unreasonable in expecting some sort of co-operation in this matter? Do they not want to retain business?

When other people bring their cars in, do they not get a loaner? Mercesdes on Mavis has a FLEET of cars with the "BENZ" plates. Are they not for that purpose?

Where else do people bring their Mercedes for service in the Mississauga area?

And finally, how does one reset the "service reminder" messages in the dashboard message centre? Is this possible to do without taking it in?

I thank you in advance for your input!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:16 PM

2003 Lincoln LS V8
At my dealership, you get a free loaner if you bought the car from them (new or used), and they charge you for a rental if you didn't. Other dealerships may have a different policy.

Sorry I can't recommend another shop, but I don't know the Missisauga area.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Try MB of Canada in Toronto. Family has been going there for generations. No guarantee for you but worth a try.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:43 PM

2008 C350 4Matic
THANKS!

Knowing things like that help.

MAYBE I'll try Oakville... one of the 2 Toronto locations messed something up for me in the past (although I can't remember which one it was).

I guess I just figured customer service would be a little better than average at Mercedes... I was wrong.