Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MB Making Electric Car with Tesla

Old 02-16-2012, 04:29 PM
IB Staff

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
MB Making Electric Car with Tesla

It's official: Mercedes is building an electric car with the help of Tesla. They borrowing an entire powetrain from them, but the don't say which one. Tesla has three currently: the Roadster, the Model S, and the Model X. I'm desperately curious about what they're building. My bet is on an electric A-Class. But I'm hoping for an electric E-Class. We'll see.

Read it here: MB Making Electric Car with Tesla
Old 02-17-2012, 08:07 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
looks like someone has been hanging out at Aston Martin too much......lol
Old 05-01-2012, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmw
Yeah, I have read it from an article. Tesla has become the rock star of electric automobiles. Aside from releasing the Model S and starting the Model X, Tesla is also starting a joint undertaking with Mercedes. In fact, a good number of people are already in line to buy one, as the company has already pre-sold more than 500 units of the Model X, according to BusinessWeek. But the car isn’t going into production until later this year, and the first units won’t be delivered until 2013. In the meantime, Tesla is about to start producing the Model S, Tesla’s electric sedan. Article source: Tesla and Mercedes to partner for electric car