Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Amg Headliners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amg Headliners?

Sorry the S55 forum is really slow Ok my father just got himself a 2003 S55; it’s a great car inside and out but there is one thing that he wants to change. I read in some posts that people have switched out their headliners on their cars to suede or other materials. The S55 is black inside besides the roof which is a light grey. Anyone have a link or knows where it would be possible to change the headliner to black and to upgrade the material.

Thanks

Charles
Old 07-09-2003, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had it done in my CLK. I changed the ash headliner and pillars to charcoal ultrasuede. It looks fantastic. Any good car upholstery shop can do it, but make sure you use a good one. If you live in NorCal I suggest Premier in Santa Clara. Otherwise, go to your Mercedes dealer and ask them who they use to fix cars that come in with upholstery damage. That's how I found Premier.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R170
Originally posted by Sleestack
I had it done in my CLK. I changed the ash headliner and pillars to charcoal ultrasuede. It looks fantastic. Any good car upholstery shop can do it, but make sure you use a good one. If you live in NorCal I suggest Premier in Santa Clara. Otherwise, go to your Mercedes dealer and ask them who they use to fix cars that come in with upholstery damage. That's how I found Premier.
How much labor was involved? I'm seriously considering this, how much was it? (if you don't mind saying it)

TIA
Old 07-09-2003, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It will cost you anywhere between $1200 and $1800. It took 2 days. It is pretty labor intensive but well worth the time and money IMO.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:49 PM

Sounds good there are alot of mercedes down in denver i assumer there must be a place where it can be done down there. Was wondering what did you do with all the plastic parts on the headliner that were not black, paint them?