Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Terrible service at MB of Huntsville AL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL500
Terrible service at MB of Huntsville AL

Mercedes-Benz of Huntsville
6520 University Drive
Huntsville Al, 35806
(256) 837-5752

To the Mercedes-Benz of Huntsville Manger,

I have a service complaint... My 2003 SL500 was recently in your shop on 6/12/12 to have some previous break work inspected. The SBC unit was previously replaced and the unit under the hood was now loose.

The car entered the service department on Tuesday 6/12. On Thursday 6/14 I still had not heard from anyone so I called to check on the car. I called three times and left messages and heard from no one. I drove to the dealership and the service manager said the car was ready and no repairs were needed. That afternoon while still at the dealership, I looked at the SBC unit and it was still loose. I could lift it up three inches off the grommets. I asked for the service manager to again take a look with a mechanic. The mechanic said it was probably a nut missing off the bracket and he could take care of it in the morning.

On Friday, when I picked up the car there was a terrible clanging sound coming from what sounded like underneath. The service manager said they needed some time to figure out was going on. Since I had been dropped off, I waited several hours at the dealership. Late that afternoon I was told by the service director Josh Mills that the noise was caused by a baffle in the gas tank that broke. He was sympathetic and said this was unusual and he wanted to talk with Mercedes on the following Monday to see what they could do. In hind sight, he was just cleverly getting me away from the service department and out the door.

On Monday I heard nothing. On Tuesday I left a message to see what Mr. Mills found out. I called and left messages Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and heard from no one.

On June 26th, I drove to the dealership. Unfortunately, Mr. Mills was out for lunch so I left a message on his desk. There was an employee that helped me do this. This employee was awesome, helpful, and concerned over what had happened. I wish I had his name. I still did not get a call the rest of the week from a service manager or Mr. Mills.

I did not expect Mercedes to warranty the tank. It’s hard to make a connection from brake work to the gas tank but I deserved a response from the service department and deserved a return call. A luxury car dealership, built on Mercedes reputation should have simple common courtesy to talk with a customer. I’m absolutely appalled at the treatment I received. I am not asking anything from anyone as a result of this letter. In fact I wouldn’t visit the dealership if my life depended on it.