Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Newbie Introduction

Old 08-24-2012, 10:42 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
My name is Hayden and I'm 22 years old. I own a 2002 E55 AMG and absolutely love it. So far I have replaced the oil, installed some chrome bezels, replaced brake light switch, reset ECU :p, and fixed the no a/c issue. I am throwing no codes, but would like to fix/prevent some more issues such as the MAF, CPS, trans fluid, radiator fluid, filters. In addition, I would like to repair some wheel well rust issues, squeaky steering column, NO-CD on the COMAND unit, shocks, and some dead pixels on my cluster. I don't post much, but spend most of my time lurking and reading a bunch. Currently in Denver as I just moved from outside the Chicago area (hence the rust). It has over 88k on it and was babied by the previous owner (my mother). I have owned a 1998 Jeep Cherokee on which everything was DIY. Then owned a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was ready to purchase something a bit (a lot) more elegant and luxurious and definitely a bit quicker as I have moved on from the sluggish inline 6. I plan to keep it stock as far as ride height and wheels (may powder coat the inside portion), but plan on 35% tint all the way around (love 20%, but prefer not to be hassled) removing the resonator and replacing it with an x-pipe. May possibly move to California so don't think I can install some high flow cats. I think that's it for now. I'm sure more will arise in the near future. I am relatively new to my own personal DIYs as I just began about 5 years ago, but have been around 2012 Jeep Rubicon, 2001 Twin Turbo Lingenfelter Corvette, 1987 Buick Grand National, and while growing up, this E55 AMG. I have a lot to learn, but have a passion for cars and hope to extend it far throughout my years. Enough talking, here are some pictures.

Last edited by eFifty5AMG; 02-28-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Welcome aboard
Old 08-27-2012, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Demo/Used MB
NEW NEWBIE INTRO

Since I do not see a "newbie" section. I will piggie-back and intro myself. Long time lurker, first time registrar.

I am the the guy running the "Stealership" on the Central Coast, CA. I've been with Mercedes-Benz for a short while but have settled in nicely to my new home. I have over 23yrs experience in the automotive market. I have worked every Service job from Tire Installer - Brake/Alignment tech, to diagnostics, front counter sales, shop forman and General Manager.
I do not know everything, but I have an increadible knack for finding the truth when needed. Anyone can build a car, and anyone can handle/care for a customer. It is the attention to detail in which you do it that sets you apart from the others. That is what Mercedes-Benz has done and continues to do.
Nothing but the Best.

I hope I can shed some light on MB Dealers back door opperations. I am always open to discuss what and why they "really" do what they do.
Steve Swank