Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

W204 C250 CDI misfiring at Idle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C250 CDI misfiring at Idle

Hey guys,
I own a Merc C250 CDI W204 2010 and an year back i started having engine misfire. It happened very rarely initially (one in 2 weeks or so). I told MB dealer regarding it. But as it occured very rarely they could not diagnose it. After few mnths i got an Engine warning in car's instrument cluster, got it checked and they changed "engine relay" & "body relay". It went of for a day or two then again the engine light started to glow. They said that the misfiring that i must be getting would be becs of injectors. They changed the injectors. The engine lights went off but the problem of misfiring remained. It went on getting worse and worse day by day. Last month it happened 5-6 times a day. I again gave it to the dealership and they said it might be cause of fuel filter. It was replaced and then something really annoying happened, earlier it just misfired and once in a blue moon it stalled also but after changing the fuel filter it just stop every time i slow the car down or idle it. I don't know what to do
It is still in the garage and they r now changing a Quantity control valve. Don't know weather it would do any good or not Really Annoyed

The car has just completed 50,000 kilometer and will go off warranty after 60K i want to get it fixed.
Please help
Old 10-21-2012, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C220 CDI SLK 200
As the fault was reported before the warranty expiry it should not matter. They still have to repair that fault as it was reported before it expired. Only two things in a diesel can cause a misfire. Fuel or compression. It looks as tho they are looking at the fuel system. Odds on it will be something stupid like an electrical connection.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c250 Coupe Sport
my friend said he got his quantity control valve replaced when it wouldn't accelerate much and was barely drive able, so he had it towed in

Last edited by fl0wmastr; 12-30-2015 at 02:52 PM.