Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

E55 will be here on Wednesday!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 will be here on Wednesday!

Someone canceled their order and I got lucky, bad part, it does not have navigation. Can anyone recommend a good after market nav system?
Old 07-25-2003, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So did you sell the M5 already? ... or are you keeping it alongside with the E55
Old 07-25-2003, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by foRRREVerz
So did you sell the M5 already? ... or are you keeping it alongside with the E55
M5 is gone next week.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by Rave E55
M5 is gone next week.
Damn... hope the E55 carries on your Gumball tradition.

So back to the your orginal post, are you searching for an OEM conversion for a non navi equipped car, or were you in the market for a complete aftermarket system similar to the Alpine systems?
Old 07-25-2003, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by foRRREVerz
Damn... hope the E55 carries on your Gumball tradition.

So back to the your orginal post, are you searching for an OEM conversion for a non navi equipped car, or were you in the market for a complete aftermarket system similar to the Alpine systems?
That's what I'm debating, I'm leaning towards the oe setup, (less attention when parked), I have two audio shops that get the unit from Germany and are able to unlock the TV while driving, thus, you can watch dvd's on your oe nav screen. I will know price and availability by Monday. If it is too expensive, I'll get a Magellan unit and leave the stock stereo alone.
Old 07-25-2003, 05:57 PM

****!! Buyer for the M5 backed out, ****! Now I have to go through the whole selling car BS.
Old 07-25-2003, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by Rave E55
****!! Buyer for the M5 backed out, ****! Now I have to go through the whole selling car BS.
WTF?! That sux bro! ... does this throw a wrench into the whole process of obtaining the E55, or is it just the inconvenience of locating another buyer and relisting the M5??? Sorry to hear about that man. I hate flakey buyers

I peeped the 750Nav Plus and that looks like a good unit. Have you seen one in person? How do you think it'll look in the car? I hope it's not going to be one of those cumbersome accessories that you have to attach to the dash via velcro or double sided tape. I have a friend who pulled his Alpine navi system from his porsche not to long ago that might be up for sale. Not too sure if that'd be along the lines of what you're interested in though. If it is, let me know, because I know he's willing to let go of it for a really good price.

Good luck to you with the M5 Rave, hope another buyer picks it up quickly.

Lates,
-Hien

Trending Topics

Old 07-25-2003, 06:38 PM

The alpine is no good, the opening for radio is to big and would look funny with the Alpine, if I get the Magellen, I would store it in the under the seat compartment and only take it out when needed.