Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Recommendations On AMG Models as a DD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 GT-R and '12 EVO MR
Question Recommendations On AMG Models as a DD?

I just joined the group and I'm hoping members will be able to assist me in my decision to get my next daily driver, which will be my only driver. Here's my current situation. I have an '09 Nissan GT-R Premium Red, stock with 25K miles that I'm trying to sell. Awesome performance car but not good for a daily driver for me. I also own a '12 Mitsubishi Evolution, MR edition, with slightly more than 1,500 miles on it, fully optioned. This is a great handling car, but to me it's lacking in acceleration, at least what I am accustomed to (my previous DD's were an '07 M6, '09 CTS-V, and '05 S4). I also absolutely hate the interior. Even with the MR upgrade, cheap plastic abounds, and really, it's not much a step up from a base Lancer's interior. As a performance driven vehicle, it's a fun car to drive, and track if you're into that. But I want more power for my DD and better interior, tech features, and creature comforts. My CTS-V delivered incredible performance, but wasn't fond of the interior. The M6, well...it just didn't, "do it", for me. Since I live in the DC area, I need something I can drive in all seasons, which would include below freezing temperatures and a small accumulation of snow (< 3-4 inches), but while an AWD is not a must, if a RWD vehicle, then it must drive well with All Seasons or Winter tires.

I've driven a used C63 before and liked the instant acceleration, seats, and interior. The exterior was kind of ho-hum, but I'm sure that can be accessorized. There seem to be quite a few AMG models out there, and I'd like to hear from the community recommendations for me. After selling the GT-R and EVO and paying off what I owe, I should have approximately $40K in hand. I would like to keep the purchase price of a used MB AMG to that amount and under, or not much more than that. A warranty is a must, too.

Thanks, and I look forward to the help!