Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Scam Alert Do Not Buy from Berti_00

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55
Scam Alert Do Not Buy from Berti_00

Albert Buca a.k.a. Berti_00 posted a dynamic seat pump for sale on the MBWORLD.ORG classified forum. I inquired as mine is bad. When I asked him for the part number he said it was a 000-800-31-48 and he stated that "if it was for my E55 it would fit 100%". I have taken mine out and verified that this is the part number I need.

I agreed to buy it for $230 of which I deposited the money in his Bank of America account. He then sent me the pump. Upon receiving it I opened the box to find a seat pump from an older E-Class. It has the following part on it A 211-800-01-48. This pump simply wont connect to my car so I contacted Albert via the forum and said I would be happy to send it back at my expense for a full refund. He is refusing to refund my money and says that all his sales are final. Then he goes on to say that I could have swapped it out with my bad pump. It doesn't fit so that isn't a possibility. It has the wrong connectors. Simply put he isn't standing up to this word and misrepresented what he was selling.

First and foremost this gives me a bad taste for doing business like this. It also makes it difficult to ever want to trust other members on the forum. I am a trusting person and like to believe in the good of people. Fortunately it wasn't a huge sum.

I think it is important that others are aware of this situation and how it was handled.

Regards,

John