Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Navigation Use

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350SDL & E320W
Navigation Use

Vehicle: 2000 S430 with COMAND Navigation (US version)

Is it possible to program a trip crossing state lines (i.e. requiring multiple Navigation CD's) by making only one destination entry?
For example, I was in VA and wanted to drive to NYC using an alternate route other than route 95. I assumed I could enter my home address with the New England CD loaded, remove that CD and load the MidAtlantic CD and follow my route; And, at some point the system would tell me to change the CD from MidAtlantic to New England.
It didn't work that way. It seems that you have to know the last town or city on the CD you have loaded that is closest to the town or city that the next CD will recognize.

Anyone know how this works? Can you program a trip across state (CD) lines by entering your final destination and having the system prompt you when to change discs?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2003, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Audi S4
thats interesting, i never thought about that...i only have the new england or mid atlantic disc..... i forget which one we have....but i guess it would say you're out of the cd range and then you pop in the new cd and enter your last destination and it will calculate it again if you did need to re-route.

they should just make one cd that holds everything instead of splitting the country into like 20 discs.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:43 PM

2002 C320 Sport Wagon
Ha! That's why I bought a Garmin iQue 3600. I can put any maps I want onto the SD cards and get all the regions I need without a gap or swapping CDs.

Oh and I can play an audio CD at the same time.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
In the coupe, I have a Mellagan 750M put in. No CD or DVD needed. It covers the whole country and some of Canada. In the W126, I have an Alpine navigation unit. It's DVD and covers the whole country with one single DVD disk. Perhaps when the DVD Command is available, you could change it if you plan to keep the car for a long time.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Re: Navigation Use

Originally posted by rikerspharm
Vehicle: 2000 S430 with COMAND Navigation (US version)

Is it possible to program a trip crossing state lines (i.e. requiring multiple Navigation CD's) by making only one destination entry?
For example, I was in VA and wanted to drive to NYC using an alternate route other than route 95. I assumed I could enter my home address with the New England CD loaded, remove that CD and load the MidAtlantic CD and follow my route; And, at some point the system would tell me to change the CD from MidAtlantic to New England.
It didn't work that way. It seems that you have to know the last town or city on the CD you have loaded that is closest to the town or city that the next CD will recognize.

Anyone know how this works? Can you program a trip across state (CD) lines by entering your final destination and having the system prompt you when to change discs?

Thanks
The Mercedes Nav cd will Take you to the Border of whatever State is on your CD..As In The Cal/Nevada Cd If you go to Arizona...Its Not on the Screen ...Unless YOU have the NEW CD for that State....Gotta love MB Marketing