Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Issues with MB dealer service in Portland OR since Lithia takeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 GL320 CDI; 2005 E320; 2004 911 Cab
Issues with MB dealer service in Portland OR since Lithia takeover

Hi,

Question for you Portland OR members who use dealer service: Have you noticed a dramatic change in service since Lithia has taken over? I've had a few services there and each time I've been subjected to intense 'sell up' practices. By that I mean recommendations for optional 'preventative maintenance' work. It seems to be frequently accompanied by "well others have had problems and their car needed to be towed" or something of that vein. And, these recommendations seems to always come when under time pressure "he's working on it right now, I need to know quickly" sort of things. Frankly, I'm just fed up with it (imagine steam coming out of me ears). Let me know if you are seeing this as well. And, if so, are you taking your newer model MBs to another location for service? If so, where?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 GL320 CDI; 2005 E320; 2004 911 Cab
As a follow up for those who might be interested - I've had good success at Hartmann motors.