Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

I love my SLK55 - Dyno & Autocross Video inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SLK55 P30
I love my SLK55 - Dyno & Autocross Video inside

I've had my SLK55 for about 14 months now, and I can't get enough of it. It really is the perfect car. Some cars are great for specific things, but the SLK55 is just so well rounded.

On one hand, it's a perfectly comfortable cruiser with a smooth transmission and engine, comfortable seats and a good stereo.

On the other hand, that same engine is brutally powerful and well matched to the chassis. The handling really is quite good, and it can hang with the more dedicated sports cars like Porsches and BMW M cars.

It's also a coupe and a roadster with the push of a button.

I love the R171 so much that I had an SLK280 for 3 years and now have a SLK55 that I don't plan on getting rid of any time soon.

I put together a quick video with a dyno run and a few autocross runs. The run in the rain was from this past Sunday. I did my runs when the rain was at it's worst, and had the fastest time of my heat by 0.8 seconds. As the day went on, conditions improved but my time still held on for 8th place overall out of a field of 81. Not bad for a mostly unmodified Mercedes AMG.

2007 SLK55
P30 Performance Package
Dunlop Direzza Z2 225F/255R tires
aFe Pro Dry Air Filters
Custom X-Pipe
Secondary Cat Delete

People made fun of the car at first. "Why'd you buy a girls car?" "Should have bought an M3 or something" Not anymore!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL55
nice video. Kinda crazy autocrossing with the top down!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SLK55 P30
The weight of the steel roof is much better in the trunk than it is up top. It has a noticeable effect on handling.