Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Can MBRACE be installed after market?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C250 Sport Sedan
Can MBRACE be installed after market?

Fellow Owners,

First let me apologize if this is the wrong area to post this in or it has already been asked.

I would like to know if mbrace can be installed (aftermarket). I have a 2012 C250 Sport Sedan that did not come with the mbrace option (so no question mark or wrench button installed).

I talked to mbrace and they had no clue if it could or not...

Thank you in advance for any info you have.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:44 AM

2012 C250
I bought a certified preowned 2012 C250 yesterday and was led to believe by the salesman and the business manager that the car that I was buying had Mbrace (no, I really didn't look at the car because I had test driven one like it and they assured me that the one that I was buying had it). Well, come to find out today that it does not have it....but the dealership is still telling me that it does have it. I am taking the car in to the service department tomorrow so that they can "activate" the invisible Mbrace but when I get there and they inform me that the car does not have it I am trying to decide what to do. When I purchased the car Wednesday, the business manager had to close the deal with me because it was the finance manager's day off. Well, long story short, somehow the business manager completely forgot to get the down payment from me...$2,600.00. So, when I take the car by in the morning and also take them their down payment money that they realized today that they had forgotten, I am seriously considering hold some out since I was misled into believing that this car had Mbrace. Normally I wouldn't make a big deal about something like that, but it was one of the main selling points to me as I have to drive 120 miles round trip to work a day and 60 miles are in the middle of the night on lonely roads so it made me feel better knowing that I had that emergnecy button if I ever needed it. I just don't know what to do at this point and have no clue if the mbrace can be added after market, as I too called the mbrace 1-800 number and they told me also that they had no idea if it could or not.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:54 AM

2015 C250 Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by joannarn13
I bought a certified preowned 2012 C250 yesterday and was led to believe by the salesman and the business manager that the car that I was buying had Mbrace (no, I really didn't look at the car because I had test driven one like it and they assured me that the one that I was buying had it). Well, come to find out today that it does not have it....but the dealership is still telling me that it does have it. I am taking the car in to the service department tomorrow so that they can "activate" the invisible Mbrace but when I get there and they inform me that the car does not have it I am trying to decide what to do. When I purchased the car Wednesday, the business manager had to close the deal with me because it was the finance manager's day off. Well, long story short, somehow the business manager completely forgot to get the down payment from me...$2,600.00. So, when I take the car by in the morning and also take them their down payment money that they realized today that they had forgotten, I am seriously considering hold some out since I was misled into believing that this car had Mbrace. Normally I wouldn't make a big deal about something like that, but it was one of the main selling points to me as I have to drive 120 miles round trip to work a day and 60 miles are in the middle of the night on lonely roads so it made me feel better knowing that I had that emergnecy button if I ever needed it. I just don't know what to do at this point and have no clue if the mbrace can be added after market, as I too called the mbrace 1-800 number and they told me also that they had no idea if it could or not.
Thanks for posting.. yes I too dealt with someone at the dealership (not a MB dealership) that was either not very knowledgeable or had a distorted view of reality in terms of what options were installed in the car. Either way, I do go to my local Benz dealership and talked to the folks there and they advised me it cannot be installed after market.. not mBrace anyway. They told me of some on-star product that can be installed, but it involves removing your rear view mirror and of course it will disrupt all the technology that is built into the mirror. To say the least, I am more than disappointed with this, but I take SOME comfort knowing that Benz offers roadside assistance for your car.