Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

1996 Mercedes C220 any good for a DD?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Mighty Max
1996 Mercedes C220 any good for a DD?

I'm thinking about saving up some money for the Mercedes C220 as an upgrade from my 1988 Mitsubishi Mighty max. In particular I'm looking into a C220 because I want an everyday car to drive that is better than my Mighty max. It would be nice to drive a Mercedes and I thought that A C220 would be a good one to drive. I prefer the C220 over the C230 Kompressor because the the C220 is Naturally Aspirated so I don't have to worry about a turbo going out. Another thing i like about this car is that the interior is nice looking too. I have a few questions about this car:

1) Is this car a mechanical headache meaning that there are a lot of problems that turn up?

2) Whats the average fuel economy you get with these cars?

3) Would this car be expensive to insure?

On a sidenote I am saving up for a Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel to have as a car too, but the thing is that i would baby this car too much and not want to drive it a lot where some one can crash scratch or damage my car.