Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

CRASHED today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 mercedes clk 500
CRASHED today

I have been a long time lurker on this board but thought i d post today….I was driving my clk500 and noticed the cars braking went to brake and foot slips off brake and my foot get stuck between the gas and brake by the time i pulled it out, lost my shoe and applied brake BAM i hit a jeep going about 25-30 grrrrr barely scratched her car but mine was smashed I think its totaled just from mentally adding up replacement parts grill bumper fender radiator ugggg i just put new tires and had it realign last week it was perfect was. I think its toast What do you guys think? other than I am a dumb *** who needs new shoes
Old 04-03-2014, 12:26 PM

'99 E320 Wagon
Originally Posted by kymba925
I have been a long time lurker on this board but thought i d post today….I was driving my clk500 and noticed the cars braking went to brake and foot slips off brake and my foot get stuck between the gas and brake by the time i pulled it out, lost my shoe and applied brake BAM i hit a jeep going about 25-30 grrrrr barely scratched her car but mine was smashed I think its totaled just from mentally adding up replacement parts grill bumper fender radiator ugggg i just put new tires and had it realign last week it was perfect was. I think its toast What do you guys think? other than I am a dumb *** who needs new shoes

I think you should write it off and give me the engine to drop it in my Jeep .

Comprehensive insurance should cover that, pain in the **** with the rates afterwards but I doubt you'll want to pick up the tab for the repairs. If it was just grill, radiator and fender they'll fix it.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:35 PM

2003 mercedes clk 500
Its TOTALLED uggg but what does that really mean?? I had collision insurance $1000 deducible What should I expect $$ wise? I would be happy to just replace it with another 2003 clk 500 with 110K miles on it but should I ??? I bought this car from my brother( who did major research on the car) so it was not my first choice of car though I grew to LOVE it though the maintenance was high. I don't want a stupid honda ( no offense) but really what am I expected to receive and what car should i look at next I have always wanted a jaguar…OK BENZ boys fire away I have read a few comparison articles about each so let me have it
Old 04-05-2014, 05:06 AM

2003 mercedes clk 500
Wow they already sent me a settlement letter valuing the car at 11,683.41 does that seem right for 2003 clk 500 in very good condition? Iwent to a few auto dealers and looked at a few cars
a 2008 c300 and another clk 500 I really ike the sporting CLk but would like 4 doors any opinions or pros and cons

Last edited by kymba925; 04-06-2014 at 12:58 AM.